If you would like to join a team committed to innovating and driving the data storage industry, we invite you to explore current career opportunities with Verbatim Americas. Current job openings are listed below.
Verbatim Americas is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
To apply for an open position, please visit http://verbatimjobs.iapplicants.com.
Click here to view Verbatim's Recruiting Disclaimer.
Job Title: Business Development Associate – Water Filtration
Reports To: Product Manager, Flash Memory
FLSA Status: Exempt
Revision Date: March 4, 2014
Summary: Responsible for expanding and developing new market opportunities for water filtration products by leveraging the unique strengths of filtration technology, helping to create marketing and promotional materials, and directly assisting the overall sales objectives for filtration products. Act as the primary liaison between Engineering, Marketing and Sales teams; and drive sales in existing channels as well as developing new channels for product sales.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following, other duties may be assigned.
- Develop new markets for water filtration products by aligning key technical attributes to market needs.
- Be a technical expert on the design specifications for products and assist solving application problems in conjunction with development, manufacturing and quality engineers. Liaise with regulatory authorities as needed.
- Develop, define and communicate features and benefits of products to Marketing/Sales.
- Analyze competitive product features and benefits and competitors’ market direction.
- Assist marketing and sales of differentiated products to target markets.
- Recommend marketing activities.
- Carry out market research, evaluate sales performance and review or formulate long-range plans, goals and objectives to develop optimum distribution policies and practices for both existing and new filtration products.
- Serve as a consultant to the sales force to coordinate sales and related activities, advertising and public relations to achieve market objectives.
- Assist writing press releases and white papers.
- Coordinate and make recommendations related to pricing strategy.
- Develop a business case for market strategy, product extensions and development of new products including financial and operational impacts.
- Develop and give presentations to management, sales staff and customers as appropriate on significant developments or trends on assigned products.
Competencies To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Technical Knowledge – Understand the technology to their products and how their products work in an application. Must be able to differentiate the competitive advantages of our core technology vs. competition.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs; Meets commitments.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience: Bachelor's degree in engineering, business, marketing or related area; plus one to two years of experience in business development/sales; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Technical Skills: Ability to understand the basic technical features of the line of products, how they work, and how they are used for by customers/consumers, or specialized vertical applications.
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Ability to understand foreign languages (Japanese, Spanish or Portuguese) helpful.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to low.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. Occasional to moderate domestic and international travel required as necessary to meet objectives.