If you would like to join a team committed to innovating and driving the data storage industry, we invite you to explore current career opportunities with Verbatim Americas. Current job openings are listed below.
Verbatim Americas is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
To apply for an open position, please visit http://verbatim.applicantpro.com/jobs/ or click the job link below.
Click here to view Verbatim's Recruiting Disclaimer.
Credit Analyst (Must be bilingual!)
Verbatim Americas seeks a Bilingual Credit Analyst to establish and maintain credit relationships with assigned customers in North, Central, and/or South America, within the Verbatim Credit Policy guidelines, to facilitate the highest possible sales with the lowest level of bad debt write-offs. This person will monitor customer accounts and take corrective action as required; analyze financial statements; perform credit history investigations and assemble data to justify the credit limits extended to individual customer accounts. He or she will also ensure the prompt collection of accounts receivable from assigned accounts.
- Perform credit investigations on new and existing customer accounts through the use of third party credit reports, trade references, and bank references.
- Obtain and analyze the financial statements of new and existing customers to determine financial strength and credit worthiness.
- Establish and maintain credit limits to customers within authorized limits.
- Update customer credit file on an annual basis.
- Make collection calls and otherwise communicate with customers to collect past due accounts receivable amounts.
- Monitor and maintain customer accounts and ensure prompt resolution of disputes or customer payment variances.
- Review daily backlog of customer orders on 'credit hold' and make decisions to release or hold orders based on the customer's credit standing within the credit limit authority levels defined by the Verbatim Credit Policy.
- Convey credit terms to customers and to Verbatim sales representatives.
- Counsel and negotiate with customers to improve their financial controls; suggest sources of working capital and establish special credit arrangements and payment schedules as needed.
- Develop and maintain healthy business relationships with customers and Verbatim sales representatives, even in difficult collection situations.
- Prepare and present reports in various formats related to the status of past due customer accounts.
- Plan credit restrictions and collection tactics for risky, slow pay and sensitive accounts.
- Perform or assist with basic AR functions such as cash application, filing, and special customer billings.
- Other duties as assigned.
COMPETENCIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Customer Service – Effectively manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
- Oral Communication - Listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions.
- Written Communication - Presents numerical data effectively; effectively reads and interprets written information.
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Quantity - Completes work in timely manner.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required, although a Bachelor's degree is preferred.
- 2 to 5 years experience in credit management, accounting, or related field required.
- Fluency in English and Spanish is required; additional fluency in Portuguese would also be beneficial.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have a basic knowledge of SAP software and intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word software programs.
- Must be a team player.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and work well under pressure with a positive attitude.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, type, or feel, and to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The position will be located in a typical environmentally-controlled office environment where the noise level is usually quiet.
Please go to http://verbatim.applicantpro.com/jobs/ to apply.
PLEASE, NO PHONE CALLS. We thank all applicants; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Verbatim is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V