In order to help you, we will need the following information:
- the model/part number of the drive (47xxx - located at the back of the drive
- its capacity in GB
- its date of purchase
- its serial number, located on the sticker on the original box or on the drive
- the version of operating system you are using
- if it is Windows 2000 or XP, the version of Service Pack installed
- if it is Windows 98, its version (Start/Settings/Control Panel/System/General Tab)
- is there any error message coming up when you connect the hard drive? What is the exact text of the error message(s)?
- is the LED on the hard drive working when you connect the drive to the computer?
- please connect the hard drive directly to the back of your computer. Please try all USB ports on your PC.
- is the hard drive working on a different computer?
- can you connect the device and send us the screen shot of Device Manager found in Start/Control Panel/System/Hardware and click on the + sign in front of the Disk Drives and USB controllers
- can you connect the device and send us the screen shot of Disk Management (click on Start, right-click on My Computer, select Manage, Disk Management). Please make sure you scroll down the page to show us the full Disk Management. If necessary, you can take two screen shots of this page.
(To make a screen shot, press simultaneously CTRL + PRINT SCREEN buttons on your keyboard, open Word document, right-click on your mouse and Paste the picture.)